6.24.2005

"but i guess fear has a way of making sleep unbearable
and the days seem dark and long
but we cry and we dance
and we stumble into love with perfect, awkward grace
the moon is gone and the sun has took its place"
~bright eyes, a celebration upon completion

dunbar was not in love. this certainty winds snakelike through my brain,recurring with a venomous stab every few hours, while time and i move at identical speeds: s. l. o. w. i dont know what to attribute the varying sensations to. the sharp stab behind my stomach, maybe its just one more manifestation of mono. i wish i could transform time into a snapshot. i would hold a lit match to the corner and it would curl and disintegrate into nothing and when the last ash slipped from between my fingers you would be standing in front of me again exactly as we were before. i have never known a loneliness so acute, just as i have never known an exhaustion so overpowering. i dont know how to speed the time. i dont know how to force your return. i am afraid to force my departure. please dont leave me to the mercy of this sharp stab behind my stomach. this certainty winds snakelike through my brain: i cannot do this alone.