10.13.2005

I'm sitting in class sucking on a Berry Lime Sublime smoothie and listening to the professor talk about crystal meth and Buddhist gangs in his soothing Australian accent. It is completely surreal, especially in the setting of this gorgous high-ceilinged room with its hardwood floor and the sun-bathed tree limbs brushing their still-green leaves against the panes of the four windows lining the far wall. Outside, you stand in the shade and shiver but when you get into the sun you sweat. My solution is just to stay inside, wrapped up in blankets and feeling sleepy. This is especially easy to accomplish with the new addition of the television in our room (thank you, Trevor). The class is now talking about holes in the brain and mixing methamphetamines with Red Bull. I'm starting to feel nauseous. Yesterday after computer class I talked to a very attractive boy for quite a while after class, and I just felt even better about my relationship with Simon. I'm leaving for Montreal next Wednesday and the simple thought leaves my hands shaking with excitement. Wanting nothing further than friendship out of the boys here is an indescribably comforting feeling. And I used to be so afraid that I would be tempted... it seems funny now.