10.11.2005

a cement box with a girl inside and music filling it up with the kind of feeling you wouldn't expect to associate with a place like this. the street below the window looks strangely distant through the cloud-shaded unblinded triangle of the window on the fourth floor and everything has a half-second life span. last night the music in my ears blurred the night in my eyes and every street light, every brick, every bicycle was distorted and surreal. the ache in my legs after the hour in the echoing heat of fetzer gymnasium slurred and stuttered my movements. my collapse into bed was less than graceful but i was well beyond caring. i felt sleep curtaining my eyes and the dreams i slipped into were malicious and frightening and i ran for my life, choking for breath through tears of terror and clutching my cramping sides as i stumbled forward. i woke up well past class time and the day was gone just as quickly as it had come, a rush of disappointment and stupidity that faded into a sense of not caring. so im lying here in bed in my cement box and the music is filling me up with the kind of feeling i wouldn't expect to associate with a place like this.